Bring your family and visit our Botanical Room at the Mary MacKillop Place Museum this Christmas holidays and beyond. Open seven days (excluding Public Holidays).
The room and activities are inspired by the discoveries and observations in nature by Fr. Julian Tenison Woods [co-founder of the Sisters of St Joseph].
The space will be open to visitors throughout the first half of the year. You are invited to:
- Create your very own observational drawings from 3D models
- Draw from natural specimens
- Sketch directly from nature by the stream in ‘The Reconciliation Garden’.
- Contribute to the wall artwork
- Share in colouring a community mural project
Art supplies, including props to draw, available for you to go wild!
At the conclusion of the school holiday period the finished work will be displayed in the museum.
Take refuge from the outside world and relax in a family friendly space only steps from the café, or relax in the gardens and draw directly from nature.