Updates regarding Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel and Mary MacKillop Place Museum
Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel
The Australian Government has implemented further measures to ensure that the spread of this virus is minimised. Today indoor gatherings of over 100 have been banned.
Temporarily, all masses have been cancelled and the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel is closed at all hours as of 23/03/2020 until further notice.
In keeping with this directive and those issued by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference and individual diocese of the Australian Church Mary MacKillop Place has deemed it necessary to implement the following:
- Commencing Sunday, 22March, there will be no Sunday Mass in the Chapel.
- The Chapel would then be closed every Sunday.
- Wednesday 1.00pm Mass will cease.
- All Masses on Wednesday 8 April and Friday 8 May are cancelled.
- The Easter Triduum Ceremonies:
- Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday – Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday are cancelled.
- The Sacrament of Anointing on Tuesday 14 April is cancelled.
During this time you can access various websites for prayer and Scripture resources and to view the celebration of Mass. The following list is helpful:
- Daily Mass on Demand – CathNews YouTube Channel
- Daily Mass – Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Live webcast of Sunday Mass – St Stephen’s Cathedral, Brisbane
- Readings of the day – Universalis.Com
- Sign up to receive daily Gospel reflections – Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn
- pray.com.au – Madonna Magazine/Australian Jesuits
These measures will remain in place until the end of May when they will be reviewed in accord with Church and Governments directives.
We thank you for your understanding as together we do all we can to care for ourselves and others during these uncertain times.
Updates can be found at:
- Mary MacKillop Place website
- Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart website
- Catholic Church in Australia website
Mary MacKillop Museum CLOSED
In order to minimise the spread of the Coronavirus: Covid-19 the NSW Education Department has advised all schools to cancel excursions.
Bookings for Museum visits are substantially made by schools.
For the protection of all who visit the Museum, Sr Colleen as Director of Mary MacKillop Place, in consultation with the Chair of the Board, has made the decision to close the Museum until the end of April 2020.
Please continue to watch our website for further updates: Mary MacKillop Place Website