Updates regarding Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel and Mary MacKillop Place Museum
Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel
In keeping with directives issued by the New South Wales Government Mary MacKillop Place has implemented the following:
- Commencing Sunday, 22March, there will be no Sunday Mass in the Chapel.
- The Chapel would then be closed every Sunday.
- Wednesday 1.00pm Mass will cease.
- The 10am and 1pm Masses on the 8th of each month are cancelled.
- The Sacrament of Anointing cancelled.
- Mass is celebrated at 8am Monday to Friday only.
- Gates open at 7.45am and close at 8.05am.
- The Chapel opens again from 9am – 1pm for private prayer only.
- Those visiting the Chapel are required to sign-in using the QR Code or by writing details in book provided.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Masks must be worn for the duration of the visit.
You can access various websites for prayer and Scripture resources and to view the celebration of Mass. The following list is helpful:
- Daily Mass on Demand – CathNews YouTube Channel
- Daily Mass – Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Live webcast of Sunday Mass – St Stephen’s Cathedral, Brisbane
- Readings of the day – Universalis.Com
- Sign up to receive daily Gospel reflections – Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn
- pray.com.au – Madonna Magazine/Australian Jesuits
These measures will reviewed in accord with Church and Governments directives.
We thank you for your understanding as together we do all we can to care for ourselves and others during these uncertain times.
Updates can be found at:
- Mary MacKillop Place website
- Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart website
- Catholic Church in Australia website
Mary MacKillop Museum CLOSED
For the protection of all who visit the Museum, Sr Colleen as Director of Mary MacKillop Place, in consultation with the Chair of the Board, has made the decision to close the Museum. it will remain closed until such time as we can ensure the safety of all who visit.
Please continue to watch our website for further updates: Mary MacKillop Place Website