Primary Religious Education
The Archdioceses and Dioceses throughout Australia have their own distinctive Religious Education syllabus.
Each syllabus, however shares the following themes from Years 4 to 6. When students are studying these themes, they can be integrated with the story of Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
- Love, compassion and service
- Faith and courage
- Justice and peace
- Listening and responding to the needs of others
- Celebrating the gift of the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit gives us strength
- Decision-making and leadership
- Qualities of role models
- Early Australian Church history
The following Religious Education syllabuses have been linked with learning about Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of Saint Joseph: