Mary MacKillop was an ordinary person who lived an extraordinary life, an unconventional life that saw her triumph over adversities and obstacles placed in her way. She truly was a woman who lived her life out of the ordinary.
Similarly, Mary MacKillop Place is a place unlike any other. A place of tranquility amidst busy North Sydney, offering accommodation, conference facilities, a holy site and more. When you visit us you’ll discover it’s a place that is truly out of the ordinary.
An Extraordinary Journey
Renowned as a spiritual, educational and hospitality centre, Mary MacKillop Place is unique in Australia. The heart of this sacred site is the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel where the tomb of Saint Mary MacKillop is located.
Whether a Sister of St Joseph, a parishioner, a curious member of the public or conference delegate, Mary MacKillop Place is the perfect spot to connect, develop, grow and achieve.
Discover the museum, celebrating the life, work and spirituality of Mary MacKillop, facilities for education, gift shop and cafe, accommodation and venues for retreats/conferences.
Respecting the Cammeraygal People
The Sisters of Saint Joseph stand in solidarity with the First Peoples of Australia. We are committed to actively work alongside the Indigenous People for reconciliation and justice.
We acknowledge the CAMMERAYGAL PEOPLE of the greater EORA NATION as the traditional owners of the land on which Mary MacKillop Place is located.
We open our hearts to hearing the First Peoples cry and meaning of this land.
Inspired by Mary MacKillop and in the tradition of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Mary MacKillop Place strives to offer hospitality and service in an environment of peace, hope and love of God.
Through a variety of life-giving ministries, Mary MacKillop Place:
- Promotes the importance of Mary MacKillop’s life, work and spirituality
- Is a centre of pilgrimage, learning and growth in the spiritual dimensions of life, hospitality, prayer and pastoral concern
- Offers a quality of service that respects the dignity of all
- Celebrates the rich heritage and story of Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
At the heart of the philosophy that underpins Mary MacKillop Place, we suggest there are six core beliefs…
- Love – understanding the importance of generosity, respect and encouragement
- Empowerment – the enhancement of you and your self-belief and development
- Faith – in the power of Mary MacKillop Place to inspire connection to God, your inner self and others
- Compassion – support, acceptance and understanding
- Action – being pro-active, disciplined and employing a strong work ethic to get the job done
- Honesty – being true to yourself and one another to achieve purpose