Mary MacKillop Place
Acknowledgement of Country
The Sisters of Saint Joseph stand in solidarity with the First Peoples of Australia. We are committed to actively work alongside the Indigenous People for reconciliation and justice.
We acknowledge the Cammeraygal People of the greater Eora Nation as the traditional owners of the land on which Mary MacKillop Place is located.
An Extraordinary Journey
Mary MacKillop was an ordinary woman who lived an extraordinary and unconventional life. As a woman of faith, courage and hope, she triumphed over adversity and obstacles, responding to the needs of her time.
Following in Mary MacKillop’s footsteps, Mary MacKillop Place is an oasis in the midst of the business district of North Sydney – a place of pilgrimage, inclusion, warmth and welcome. It offers a Chapel, Museum, Cafe and Gift Shop as well as Accommodation and Conference facilities.
Click here for The Story of Mary MacKillop.
A place of spirituality, education and hospitality, Mary MacKillop Place is unique in Australia. The heart of this sacred site is the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel where the tomb of Saint Mary MacKillop is located.
Today Mary MacKillop Place offers a Museum which celebrates the life, work and spirituality of Mary MacKillop and Julian Tenison Woods; Cafe and Gift Shop; retreat/conference facilities and accommodation.
Inspired by Mary MacKillop and in the tradition of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Mary MacKillop Place strives to offer hospitality and service in an environment of peace, hope and love of God.
Through a variety of life-giving ministries, Mary MacKillop Place:
- Promotes the importance of Mary MacKillop’s life, work and spirituality
- Is a centre of pilgrimage, learning and growth in the spiritual dimensions of life, hospitality, prayer and pastoral concern
- Offers a quality of service that respects the dignity of all
- Celebrates the rich heritage and story of Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
At the heart of the philosophy that underpins Mary MacKillop Place, we suggest there are six core beliefs…
- Love – understanding the importance of generosity, respect and encouragement
- Empowerment – the enhancement of you and your self-belief and development
- Faith – in the power of Mary MacKillop Place to inspire connection to God, your inner self and others
- Compassion – support, acceptance and understanding
- Action – being pro-active, disciplined and employing a strong work ethic to get the job done
- Honesty – being true to yourself and one another to achieve purpose