Mary MacKillop Feast Day Celebrations 2023
Mary MacKillop Place and the Sisters of Saint Joseph extend a warm invitation to celebrate the Feast Day of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop on Tuesday, 8 August 2023.
“Mary MacKillop Place is a site unlike any other because Mary lived, died and is buried here.”
Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel, attend Mass, pray at St Mary’s tomb, and visit the Mary MacKillop Museum. Mary MacKillop memorabilia, ethica Peruvian products, and light refreshments will be on sale.
Feast Day details are:
- When: Tuesday, 8 August 2023
- Where: Mary MacKillop Place
- All pedestrian and Wheelchair access: 80 William Street, North Sydney
- Additional wheelchair access: Via the Museum Gates, 7 Mount Street, North Sydney
- Mass times: 8:00am, 10:00am and 1:00pm
- Chapel opening time: 7:00am to 3:30pm (The Chapel will be open for private prayer and visits to Mary MacKillop’s tomb)
- Museum opening time: 7:30am to 3:30pm (On Feast Day, Mary MacKillop Place offers free admission to the Museum so that pilgrims may explore the story of Mary MacKillop and the foundation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph)
- Gift Shop & Café opening time: 7:30am to 3:30pm
After much planning and preparation on site, and hard work by Sisters, staff and volunteers, we look forward to welcoming you.